Understand, it’s not like I disliked it, I’d give it like a 7 or so out of 10. Hell, I still walk around my house saying bane quotes. It drives my wife nuts.
Wife: “you got dishes tonight, I did them last night..”
Me: *Bane voice* “And that gives you power over me?”
I actually thought it was pretty dope the night I saw it on opening weekend- call it “prisoner of the moment” I guess. After seeing it again a couple of times and debating with one of the fellas, things started bothering me. I could be nit-picky or blame it on me being a comic book fanatic, but there are some gaping issues with this movie.
• Bane has an elaborate plot: kidnap a physicist, get Wayne’s fingerprint to make him broke, make him broke, and get the energy source to turn it into a nuke. The issue is all of that was getting carried out around the first hour of the film. Up until Wayne showed Talia the energy source and said “Yes this thing is active”, they had no idea if it worked. They created that whole plan on sheer whim.
• The Stock Exchange. Yeah you could take over some shit at gun point, but I’m sure they would have just reversed all of what Bane did and give Bruce back his money.
• Detective Blake knowing Bruce was Batman because of his smile is a little cheesy.
• My biggest gripe was when Talia is introduced as who she really is then Bane is just turned into a regular thug. See, if you aren’t familiar with Bane in the comics, let me explain who he’s supposed to be. Bane was locked up in a prison, he has Identic Memory, is a genius, a master strategist and tactician, knows like 8 languages, read enough to be a considered a doctor and some type of technical physicist. Since he was well read and knew the human body, he was able to create a workout to maximize his body to its peak and also created his own fighting style. He was supposed to be mentally and physically superior to Batman. During the movie you get that out of his on screen character… until they say “no, this is Talia”. Then the whole movie it becomes her elaborate plan and Bane was just a goon carrying it out. WEAK! It’s the same way they made Phoenix wack in the X-Men movie. One scene she turns Xavier to molecules, then, she just follows Magneto around till the end of the movie. Just silly.
• The way Bane gets killed is pretty anti climatic… He got shot. Wow.
Conclusion: good movie, stupid plot.